Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A wonderful surprise.... The Pregger's Journey Part 1

In my last entry I mentioned that something huge happened and I only get to scribble this down only now... Found out I was pregnant in June, to baby no 5!!!! Wowwww, both hubby & I were in deep shock... We obviously did not plan for this especially since I've exceeded my target age of conceiving a child (fyi, this means over 35 yrs old). Nevertheless, we were both happy with this huge news... silently hoping that this time we will be blessed with a prince after having 4 beautiful princesses to complete our happy family.... 

As always, my 1st trimester is the most trying period... My morning sickness, as much as I dread them, keep on coming... I thought being the 5th time (well, actually 6th pregnancy since I had a miscarriage for the 1st one), it will be easier or lasts for shorter period... But oh no, I still have to go through that whole episode of throwing up, big burps (yes, I'm one of those VERY windy persons!!), dizziness and the whole nausea package regardless of time & place for at least 3 months... I was losing around 5kg during this period... 

Lost weight but still tried to enjoy food with besties....

I stocked up not only asam (not a fan of asam but during pregnancy have to keep spare) & sweets in my handbag, I had a few packets of tissues and plastic bags as well in case things get nasty.... And as always, I can never conceal this big secret so before long everyone in the office knew about it.... Not that I needed to keep it a secret so much... just following petua orang tua2 not to make a big hoo haa before fetus is stable.... And worse part was during Ramadhan where I insisted to fast despite vomitting almost on daily basis... I figured no point to break my fast when everything I consumed would still come out... Alhamdulillah Allah gave me the strength to proceed with the exception of 5 days where I was too worn out from lack of liquid....

Anyway, alhamdulillah 1st trimester passed immediately after Aidilfitri.... I indulged on all the ketupats, rendangs, nasi impits and cookies and managed to put on a bit of weight...

Our Hari Raya family photo... Someone's looking chubbier!!

I even managed to be part of the organising team for the Hari Raya do for our company at Mandarin Oriental Hotel... I was entrusted to lead the entertainment segment and brought in the ever talented Nabil & Sharifah Shahira... Kelakar doh diorang berdua ni... and very easy to deal with...


 Thought 2nd trimester would be a smooth sailing... well, it did for a moment... Until i reached 24 weeks and on one fine morning on the way to work (and it happened to be the eve of my birthday, huhuhuh), I had a severe migraine attack... Hubby had to send me to the emergency ward at Ampang Puteri where I was seeing my gynae... 

To cut a long story short, I was hospitalised for 3 days and given another 2 days MC to rest... What made it a very significant event was the fact that I finally decided to stop going to Ampang Puteri, EVER as the hospital's service sucks major time!!! I had a heavy heart to change gynae tho as Dr Marlik was an excellent Obstetrician/ Gynaecologist but he acknowledged the shortfall with the hospital's services and gave a good reference to another excellent gynae in Prince Court Medical Centre. So now, I am under the care of Dato' Dr Aziz Yahya in PCMC. Hope he'll take good care of me just like Dr Marlik did for all my 4 deliveries...

So now I'm already in my 3rd and final trimester... I knew I'd go through some sleepless nights during this period but little did I know that with age comes bigger problems... I am somehow bigger than my previous pregnancies... Probably coz the shape of tummy is "muncung" instead of "lebar" as usual... Yes, both Dr Marlik & Dato' Dr Aziz confirmed that it's going to be a BOY!!!! Alhamdulillah.... indeed a bonus to us.... And then my back pain seems to be endless... Every nite I'll be having sleeping problem... Tossing & turning don't help at all... At times I'd sleep at the edge of the bed, most of the times with dozens of pillows as a fortress and I even went to the extent of getting a pregnancy pillow for this purpose.... Imagine all 4 pregnancies I could do without this pillow but now I have to resort to this plus every nite of ointment... Kesian Hubby who has to quickly learn to be a masseur just to get me to sleep... 


Well, who says being preggy is easy??? It's not, but in my entire pregnancy history I must emphasize that this is the most challenging of all... I still think it pretty much revolves around the age factor tho many told me it's because this time I'm carrying a boy.... Whatever it is, I am glad and grateful to be given this opportunity again tho now at 36 weeks I am tested yet again with a muscle pull at my shoulder which makes my every move an agony.... This makes Dato' Dr Aziz give me an advanced MC so that I am able to get some rest prior to delivery which should be anytime soon since baby is already engaged!!!

Mosr preggy stories will follow after this.... Need to get my rest for now....


1 comment:

  1. It is really interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them.
    For more information :

    best gynae centre
    laproscopic gynae centre
    painless delivery
    gynecologist in tricity
    gynecologist in panchkula
    medical centre in tricity

    ReplyDelete